My Christmas Message – I feel like the Queen!
This festive period marks my 8th Christmas as a Celebrant and because rituals bring order into my life, you’ll know that every year I give a Christmas Message on Christmas Eve. I almost feel like The Queen – it’s just that I’m a day ahead of her!
So as I draw my festive wishes together for you, here are some poignant sentiments for those people who are in my thinking as I sit and write this:
* To my colleagues in the Funeral Industry – thank you for keeping me close in your thoughts and for asking me to support your families with their last goodbyes. I’m very clear that my business wouldn’t be where it is today without you by my side.
* To my Mentoring clients – it’s been lovely to meet you and keep in touch this year. Your Celebrancy journey is unique to you and I’ve loved every minute of supporting you through your plans. Continue to be ‘You’ because that’s what your business is all about.
* To all those families who I’ve helped with their Final Goodbyes and those who I’ll be with very soon – this Christmas will be different for you. Make sure you step through it at your own pace and in the way that works for you. Nobody can do this but you.
* And to all my family and friends who continue to be so interested in what I do and how I do it! Mum still asks me every time I talk to her or see her…..”Are you busy this week Carole. How many Funerals are you doing?”
So as that tangible Christmas Eve hush starts to descend, let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very peaceful and gentle Yuletide.
May you all have:
* The gladness of Christmas which is hope
* The spirit of Christmas which is peace
* and the heart of Christmas which is love.
From our home to yours.